Ochrana a léčba dřeva
Wood protection and treatment
Desinsekta company has been specialised in wood protection and treatment since its foundation. We also cooperate with authorized people and other certified experts. We carry out survey first (free) and then we choose best sanitation method.
Woodworm (Anobium punctatum)
Most common woodworms and funguses
- Sawyer (hylotrupes bajulus), wood worm, wood wasp, house fungus, cellar fungus and other funguses (Agaricus mucidus, Gloeophyllum sepiarium).
- painting, spraying, grouting, ULV
- Are the most common wood pests
- Grow in dependence on perfect woods or similar organic substance moisture. This substance is later fibrillated.
- They secret water-soluble enzymes, which catalyse disintegration of wood macromolecules.
- Based on condensation or fungus transformation they are producing fruiting body with future spores.
- The most important condition for wood-destroying funguses growth is the increased substrate (wood) moisture.
- The risk of funguses is increased if the wood moisture is above 20 % for a long time. No funguses can live on dry wood.
- If there is a full wood moisture (stocking or using in water), the risk of funguses is eliminated also. Funguses need to breath and there must be 5-20 % air capacity in the wood capacity.
- Many funguses specialise on particular wood.
- The most vulnerable wood is sapwood.
- Heartwood is partly protected against funguses by extractive substances, such as tanning agents, flavonoids, quinone and terpeniods.
- Some funguses can also damage heartwood.
- Wood pulp funguses disintegrate cellulose and they cause the brown rot of woods.
- Lignose funguses disintegrate lignose, cellulose and hemicellulose. They cause white rot of woods. (The wood rots principles are closely described in the L. Reinprecht´s writing – ´Wood degeneracy processes´ - ´Procesy degradace dřeva´).
- Some kinds of woodborers attack fresh wood, other kinds attack processed wood.
- Insect preferring raw wood needs high moisture to its evolution. Therefore it is offensive to living trees and fresh cut woods, not to already dried wood, which has already been processed.
- Woodborers need bark and wood fibre to its attack. The insect attacking processed wood evolves by the lower wood moisture.
- It attacks processed, air- dried and again moistured wood. Woodborers are main timber wood pests.
- Beetles are the most important wood pest in our environmental area. Damages are caused especially by timber worms, which consume wood partly and damage it by feed marks.
- They produce typical feed marks holes.
- When beetles hatch after they cocoon, they leave wood through fly-out holes, which are a proof of active attack. Beetles need defined wood moisture for its evolution.
- Wood with moisture less than 10 % (such as rooms with living climate of concrete houses) is in not attacked timber-wood pests in general. High temperatures (around 55 °C) mean worms extermination.
- This knowledge can be an advantage if timber wood pests attack wood frames.
As a part of wood elements and construction exploration works, Desinsekta company also provides wood elements moisture measuring – free for all prospective customers.